A Tracker is a repository used to track candidates and reviewers through the interview process for the purpose of hiring candidates. Trackers are optionally associated to job postings. Reviewers with varying abilities are able to: view candidates, take notes, update candidate statuses, rank candidates, upload files, send email notifications to candidates and other reviewers.
Trackers are designed to be used in one of two ways:
- Human Resources (or other staff members responsible for hiring: Principals, Department Heads, etc.) manage trackers by determining which candidates are placed on each list and assigning “reviewers” to the list.
- Those responsible for hiring (Principals, Department Heads, etc) can create trackers and modify candidates as well as assign statuses and rank candidates within those lists.
- Anyone that has either applied for a job at your district or made themselves available to your district
- Edits can be made to applicants - new files uploaded, applicant flags set, status updates, notes added
- Anyone who has applied to a specific job posting at your district
- Search for additional applicants for a Job Posting/Tracker on Applicant grid, using filters and saved searches
- A job applicant that has been added to a tracker automatically through a job posting, or an applicant that has been manually added from the applicant grid because they have been classified as a good fit for either a position or the district in general. *A candidate is an applicant, but an applicant is not always a candidate.
- Staff members who participate in the hiring process, which typically includes interviewing candidates, uploading notes/documents regarding candidates and rating candidates. These members have been assigned to Trackers to review candidates and can be reviewing candidates in general or as they are related to a job posting, depending on the Tracker.
- Tracker Manager Role - reviewer responsible for the Tracker - adds other reviewers, has full edit rights
- Add Comments Role - reviewer can add comments, upload files, upload candidate status
- View Only Role - reviewer can only view candidate files and notes
- Click "New Tracker" off the Tracker menu, or if you are already in the Tracker section of RecruitFront, click the following:
- Enter the Tracker Name and Title - these are searchable fields
- Enter all other fields pertinent to Tracker information. This is where you will also select whether the Tracker will be linked to a job posting. You can also have the tracker enabled to automatically add applicants (who apply to the posting linked to the tracker) as candidates.
To add a candidate to a tracker, there are a few ways to go about doing this - depending on where you are in the system.
- Through Tracker Candidates tab on the Tracker Grid
- Through the Applicant and Job Posting Applicant Grids
Once you have completed the steps in either Adding Candidates to Trackers or Searching Candidates, you will have candidates in your Tracker.If you want to add more candidates (perhaps you first did those who applied for a specific job and now you want to add candidates who have a certain certification), simply click on “New Tracker Candidate” again and conduct your search. Since you are doing the search from within the list, anybody who is already included on your list, will NOT show up in any additional searches for this list.
To add reviewers to a tracker, you will navigate to the Tracker Grid, and select the appropriate Tracker in which you wish to add the reviewer to.To add a Reviewer, click on "New Tracker Reviewer".
Managing Candidate Reviewer information is best done through My Open Candidate Reviewers.
- There is one row for every combination of tracker candidate and tracker reviewer. This is a good place to see review statuses across multiple trackers. You can send notifications to either tracker candidates or reviewers (or both at the same time) from this screen as well.