After you generate and send canvas letters to a list of candidates from a Civil Service list, you can track their responses to the letter and their statuses in the recruiting process right in the job posting.
- Create a Job Posting
- Create a Tracker for the Job Posting
- Upload a Civil Service List
- Associate the Civil Service List with the Job Posting
- Design a Canvas Letter Mail-merge Template
- Create Civil Service Canvas Letters
- Send Canvas Letters to Candidates via Postal Mail
Update the Response / Status of Candidate(s)
- Navigate to Recruiting > Job Postings > Open Job Postings.
- Select the Job Title of the posting from the list in the grid to open its Details -- Use the column filters to find the posting if you are having difficulty locating it in the list by scrolling.
- Click the Eligible Civil Service tab. The candidates from the Civil Service list you uploaded and associated with the job posting will all appear on the tab.
- Use the checkboxes in the grid to select the candidate(s) you want to update.
- Click Mass Edit at the top of the grid.
- Check the Update Report of Action checkbox.
- Select the Candidate's action/status from the Report of Action drop-down menu:
- NS - Not Selected
- NR - No Reply
- RT - Returned
- NU - Not Used
- AC - Accepted
- DE - Declined
- If you selected "DE - Declined," select a Reason Declined from the drop-down menu (skip step if you did not select "DE - Declined"):
- 1- Insufficient salary
- 2 - Duration of Employment
- 3 - Location
- 4 - Strike Name from List
- 5 - Temporary Inability
- 6 - Type of Position (FT, RPT)
- 7 - First Shift
- 8 - Second Shift
- 9 - Third Shift
- A - Irreg. Hours
- B - 10-month
- C - 11-month
- Enter Notes (optional) - These notes will be added for all selected candidates.
- Check the Update checkbox.
- Click the Save button.