Customizing Data Grids
(i.e. Choosing Grid Columns to Show & Hide)
Why Create Custom Layout(s)?
By default, all data available in a grid is displayed in SchoolFront. This may mean that some data you do not need is loaded along with data that you do need and that you will have to scroll to the right quite a bit to see all of the data that you actually want to see.
Creating a custom layout allows you choose only the columns of data you want to see and to exclude (i.e. hide) the columns of data that you do not want to see. It also allows you to reorder the columns of data displayed on the screen.
Custom grid layouts can now be created on all data grids in SchoolFront. Creating a custom grid with only the data columns you need:
- "Declutters" the screen, hiding data you do not need.
- Sometimes makes pages load faster because there is less data to fetch and display.
- Reduces the need to scroll right and left to view columns of data.
- Allows you to rearrange the order of the displayed columns.
- Allows you to generate completely customized data exports from the system.