How to Create a Custom Data Grid Layout
(i.e. Add and/or Remove Columns in a Data Grid)
If you have never created a custom data grid layout on a data grid in SchoolFront ALL AVAILABLE data (columns) will be displayed in the grid. If you do not need all of the columns and would like to hide some of them or to rearrange the order of the columns, you can create and use custom data grid layouts on any data grid in in the system.
1. Go to any screen with a data grid.
2. At the top of the grid click the icon next to the Layouts drop-down menu.
3. The Grid Layout window will open.
The columns in the Selected Grid Columns box are the ones that will appear in your new layout after you click "Save."
4. Select column names in the list by clicking on them. Multi-select column names by holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and clicking on them.
Note: "Pinned" / "Frozen" columns (e.g. "Last Name" and "ID" Number) will always be displayed and will not be available to add, remove, or move in custom grid layouts. If a column name is missing in this window, it's probably because it is a pinned/frozen data column.
5. Use the "Add All," "Add Selected," "Remove Selected," and "Remove All" buttons to choose which columns you want to display in your custom layout.
6. Use the "Move First," "Move Up," "Move Down," and "Move Last" buttons to rearrange the display order of the columns.
Once you have all of the column names you want and the column names ordered in the way you want them ordered in the Selected Grid Column, you are ready to save your custom grid layout.
7. Enter a name for your layout in the Grid Layout Name text box.
8. If you want this custom grid layout to be the default layout when you navigate to this data grid in the future, select the Default Layout checkbox.
Note: You can only have one default layout. If a custom is not default, then you will need to select it from the layouts drop-down menu at the top of the screen to apply it to the grid.
9. Enter a Grid Layout Description. (optional)
10. Click the Save button.
11. Your custom grid layout is saved. It will be applied to the grid and will be available to you in the future in the Layout drop-down menu at the top of the menu.
Sharing Custom Grid Layouts & Filters.
SchoolFront allows for grid layouts and filters to be saved as "shared" so that other users can access them.
- Only a Role of HR Admin and Administrator can share layouts and searches/views
- When a user chooses to save or edit a view or column layout they have the ability to share
- A shared view or layout would then show up for all users in that district for that grid.
- The shared view or layout should be labeled with a * at the end of the name in the drop down.
- A column layout that is shared, cannot be edited by anyone except the user that shared it.
- When you create a saved Grid Layout or Filter, there will be a checkbox labeled "Shared".