There may be a few reasons you would want to edit an applicant:
- Add new information received (transcripts, references, etc.)
- Upload a district file
- Delete the candidate from the system
- Change the status of an applicant (from “active” to “hired,” etc.)
- Add “notes” about the applicant
Anything done on the Edit Applicant screen will follow the applicant from tracker (formally list) to tracker. Anything entered here will always be tied to the applicant for this district.
To edit an applicant:
- Select Applicants from the menu
- Find the applicant you want to edit using the grid filters
The “Flag” feature may or may not be useful to a district. It basically provides an identification to those searching candidates where there is something about a particular candidate that needs specific attention. This can be “positive” or “negative” depending on your usage.
You may want to set up a “rule” that if a person is “flagged,” Human Resources must be contacted before anyone contacts the candidate.
You may want to set the “flag” to “yes” if the district was notified that the candidate had their license revoked.
There are a number of ways the “flag” may be used. It is up to each district to decide what (if anything) works best for their needs.