If you want to disable the system access of a specific user without deleting the user's account information from the system, you can block their ability to login to SchoolFront.
You can also re-enable them if they have been blocked and are then given permission to login again.
Disabling or Enabling User Access to SchoolFront
Perform the following steps to enable or disable a specific user’s system access:
1. Login to SchoolFront as an Administrator or HR Admin.
2. Go to “Human Resources”-> ”Active Employees”.
3. Find and open the profile of the user for whom you wish to enable or disable SchoolFront access.
4. Under the “Details” tab of the user’s profile click the “SchoolFront Access” (blue shield icon) button.
5. A small dialogue box will open with an enable or disable button.
6. Click the button to enable or disable the user.
- Enabled = User is Allowed to Login to SchoolFront.
- Disabled = User is Not Allowed to Login to SchoolFront.
7. If you ever wish to reverse this action, just repeat these steps.
Warning: Permission Synch Delay (Up to 5 Minute Delay): It is important to note that, for a variety of reasons, user locking and unlocking can take up to 5 minutes after implementation to fully synch in all parts of the SchoolFront system (the MIS, Reporting, and CMS). If your school or district ever has the need to immediately shut down the access of the entire school or district (or other specific group of users) simultaneously and instantly, please Contact Support help.