Setting Up QR Codes
SchoolFront users with Administrator and Human Resources Roles have access to the Human Resources menu options.
QR codes are needed for each employee that has a personnel folder that will be scanned and uploaded. QR code needs to be generated, printed. Copies should not be used, as they affect the quality of the scan.
- Navigate to: Human Resources – Personnel Files - Scan Cover Sheets
- Select Scan Cover Sheet link at top of grid to add
- Select Destination Folder and type in Resulting File Name. Click Generate and Download.
- Print the downloaded pdf. If you need to reuse this QR code, it will now be listed in the grid for selection.
NOTE: DO NOT CREATE AGAIN - THIS WILL CREATE DUPLICATE QR CODES.
Process for inserting QR codes to a batch of files:
- The first page of the scan should have the employee's QR cover sheet
- Insert the file name cover sheet before those files. For example, the I-9 cover sheet should be placed in front of all I-9 documents.
- Continue to insert the file name cover sheets
- Scan the files - DPI setting on scanner should be minimum 600.
- See the following Knowledge Base article for uploading scanned documents - Uploading QR Scans & Files