Applicable System Roles:
- Human Resources
In the left navigation menu, click "Process Forms" then "Form Management"
Select the form you wish to add/edit or delete Approvers for:
SchoolFront supports up to 8 Approvals, defines approval levels and Approver types. Minimum requirement for employee signature is to have a level 1 Employee approval level.
Low maintenance configuration:
- Parallel Approver- All approvers at a particular level have to approve before the form moves on to the next approver if the box is checked.
- Note: if this box is unchecked any approver with a specific level can approve and move the form forward.
- Start Approval Level
- End Approval Level (use example below for best results)
- Approver Type
- Employee (Employee should be selected if needed to sign form)
- Employee's Attendance Supervisor
- Employee's Evaluation Supervisor
- Employee's Manager / Supervisor
- Employee's Professional Dev Supervisor
- Empoyee's Supervisor 2
- Employee's Supervisor 3
- Employee's Supervisor 4
- SchoolFront Role
- Staff Member
- Staff Member (External)
- Staff Member(s) Granted Any Access to Employee
- Staff Member(s) Granted Submit Forms for Employee
- Staff Member(s) Granted Take Attendance for Employee
- Staff Member(s) Granted View Attendance Balances for Employee
- Staff Member(s) Granted View Employee
- Title Match
- Employee Title Match with Optional Same Location filter
- Specific Staff Member
To edit an approver, click the pencil icon. To add a new form approver, click "New Form Approver":
Edit - Here you can change the Approval Levels and hit save:
New Form Approver - Enter the Approver Levels, and select the Approver Type, then click Save.
Add A Backup Approver: Backup approvers are used mainly to provide an approval path for a form when the primary approver is away from work. They should only be used temporarily, when the primary approver will be unavailable for any amount of time such as vacation, surgery, extended sickness, etc. If a user is left in this field indefinitely, they will always get notifications to approve forms for the primary approver, even when the primary approver also receives the same notification, thus causing confusion. Please follow the steps below to add a backup approver and once again to remove them when they are no longer needed.
1. Go to Human Resources -> Active Employees.
2. Choose an employee from the grid -> Select "Edit" under the "Details" tab.
3. Select a Backup Approver from the dropdown.
Please Note: Notifications regarding forms that need attention will also be sent to the backup approver.
View Approvers & Forms They Approve:
1. Go to "Time & Attendance" -> "Reports" -> "Approvers".
2. Here you can click on the approvers, and view their form approval details.