SchoolFront users with Administrator, Human Resources, and Attendance Supervisor Roles have access to the Staff Attendance Setup menu options.
Absence Codes need to be setup first before all other Attendance Setup tables.
Create a New Absence Code
1. Navigate to Time and Attendance - Setup - Attendance Setup - Absence Codes
2. From here you can create New Absence Codes by selecting New Absence Code
3. Please complete the following fields on the Detail screen
Absence Code – District defined Absence Code (maximum 8 characters)
Description – Enter in description for the Absence Code
Color – allows for optionally selecting a color
State Code – Used for NYSED Staff Attendance reporting
Parent Time Off Code – Select if this code deducts from another absence code, otherwise leave blank
Use for Attendance – If checked, this code will be available to staff to request attendance (in addition to Attendance Group rules)
Use for Mass Attendance Absence – If checked, this code will be available in the Daily Attendance screen to mark staff absent if they have not previously requested the day off
Automatically mass cancel absence request forms - When code is used, other absence requests for that day will be cancelled.
Do not automatically cancel absence request forms for this code - When this code is used, it cannot be cancelled by another code.
Dock Pay - For future development.
Place Holder Code - This code can be used in addition to an additional absence code.
Use For Comp Time - Allows for the conversion of overtime hours to comp time through the employee timecard.
Use On Time Card - This code can be used on employee timecard (in addition to Attendance Group rules).
4. Click Insert or Insert and Add Another to Save
Edit an Absence Code
1. Select the Absence Code to edit by clicking the magnifying glass
2. Select Edit
3. Make edits as needed and click Save when complete