SchoolFront users with Administrator, Human Resources, and Attendance Supervisor Roles have access to the Time and Attendance Attendance Setup menu options.
Attendance Groups need to be setup based upon contractual obligations, including rules for attendance accruals. The following tables need to be defined prior to setting up Attendance Groups:
- Absence Codes
- Work Schedules
- Work Calendars
** UTILIZE THE COPY FEATURE FOR ALL STAFF ATTENDANCE SETUP TABLES.
Copy is available on the Details tab for all existing Attendance Groups. This will allow the user to copy over all Attendance Group details (not including Staff) and to make edits as needed.
Create a New Attendance Group
1. Navigate to Time and Attendance - Setup - Attendance Setup - Attendance Groups
2. To create new Attendance Groups, select New Attendance Group
3. On the Details tab, enter in the following information:
- Attendance Group Name
Attendance Group Description
Leave accruals in days or hours (Can not change after group is created)*
Hide Schedule From User - if this box is checked, all staff in this Attendance Group will be have their schedule shown on any Attendance screens
Automatically Add Leave Accruals - if this box is checked, leave accruals will be calculated based upon the attendance code(s) accrual rules
Automatically Carryover Rollovers - if this box is checked, current fiscal year rollovers will automatically add to starting leave accruals based upon the attendance code(s) accrual rules
Automatically Correct Over Maximum Balances - if this box is checked, maximum balances will be calculated for the next fiscal year based upon the attendance code(s) rules
4. Upon completion, click Insert. Once saved, multiple tabs will appear and need to be updated.
5. Absence Codes tab - click New Absence Code
The Absence Codes tab allows the user to add and/or update absence code(s) to be used for the specific Attendance Group as well as rules associated with the code(s)
- Absence Code - drop down list will show all absence codes created
- Accrual Grant Frequency
- Unassigned - this code does not have accruals
- Fiscal Year Start - accruals will be granted 7/1/XXXX
- September First - accruals will be granted 9/1/XXXX
- Employee Anniversary - accruals will be granted on the employee's anniversary date
- Monthly - accruals will be granted monthly
- Requires Comment on Absence Requests - if checked, employee must provide comment when selecting code
- Unpaid Code - future use
- Allow Negative Balance - if checked, will allow employee to use code and not check balances
- Show/Hide on Balance Screen - if Hide is selected, code will not show on Employee Balances screen
- Leave Bank- Option to select days from a leave bank if employee is associated with one.
Contract Start Date- date of contract with all accrual rules
Maximum Balance - number of days an employee can take for a given fiscal year
Carry Over Balance - number of days that can be carried over for this code
Carry Over Balance to Absence Code - absence code to roll over balance
Maximum Carryover Rollover - maximum amount to carryover
Excess to Absence Code - if remaining is greater than maximum carryover, what code to move excess to
Time Granted Based Upon Years of Service:
Years of Service - minimum number of years for grant
Grant Time - amount of time granted (in Hours or Days, depending on group settings)
Grant only at this Year - if checked, this will only grant time for the specific year
Once complete, click Save & Add Another to add another absence code, or Save & Close.
Edit an Attendance Group
1. Navigate to Attendance Groups using the previous steps
2. Click the magnifying glass next to the Attendance Group to edit
3. Follow steps 3 through 5 above to update
Note: Employee's without a position will automatically be removed from attendance groups.