Create Notification Templates
Schoolfront users with Administrator, Human Resources, Recruiting Administrator, and Teacher roles have access to the notification menu options.
- In the left navigation bar go to Manage Notifications and then Notification Templates.
- Click New Notification Template link (green plus sign icon)
- Enter a Name for the template.
- Describe the template (i.e. the purpose of the notification) in the Description field.
- Choose one of the Notification Categories from the drop-down menu (Note: If there are no categories in the system yet, click here to see how to create categories)
- Select if you would like this notification to be sent to all email addresses, No PDF Page Breaks, PDF Fit to One Page and the Personnel Folder you wish the notification to be stored in once sent.
- Click the Insert button and your template is created, and you will see the following:
- For information on Custom Fields for Mail Merges, see our article: Notification Templates w/Custom Fields
- Notification HTML History will show a preview of the notification, the user that saved it, the date/time they saved after editing as well as a rollback button, giving you the ability to go back after making a change and saving.
- Click the Notification Builder link. A Rich Text editor will open that looks like this:
- Create your notification in the space provided using the formatting and standard word processing tools (See Notes Below).
- Click Save
Note: To add dynamic user information to the notification, click the Insert drop-down menu and choose a field. When you actually send this notification, that dynamic placeholder will be updated with information specific to the person to whom the notification is sent.
Here is an example:
The fields offered in the Insert drop-down menu are dependent on the Category Type you specified. If you don't like the fields provided, try changing the category type. Click here to see how.
- Example: If you insert " Dear --Recipient First Name--: into your template, when you send the templated notification to Mr. James George, Mr. Dean Agostini, and Mrs. Kathleen Karafonda, the notification they receive will actually read "Dear James" and "Dear Dean" and "Dear Kathleen."
Warning: If you add a dynamic input and you send the notification to a user for whom the specific data is not defined in SchoolFront, the place that the personalized information would have appeared in the notification received by the recipient will be BLANK.
For example, if you insert --Recipient Cell Phone--. The actual cell phone number of the recipient would be inserted in the notification each recipient receives, but if they do not have a cell phone number on record in SchoolFront, it would be blank and might not make sense.