Creating and Editing Task Profiles & Profile Tasks
SchoolFront users with Administrator and Human Resources Roles have access to the Task Management menu options.
Creating Task Profiles
- Navigate to Task Management/ Task Profiles/Task Profiles
- Select “New Task Profile”, and add your profiles, this is where you will see them and where you will be able to edit them.
- Once you select “New Task Profile”, the following window will open. You will enter the profile name, enter the description of the profile (not required), and select Insert or Insert and Add Another.
- Once your Task Profile is created the Tasks Tab will appear. Tasks can be added to the Task Profile here. You can also add/edit a New Profile Tasks from this tab or copy the Task Profile
Add a New Profile Task
- Select “New Profile Task” to add a new task to the profile.
- Add the information for the profile task (check-boxes allow you to select as many or as few as you want), and select “insert” when complete.
NOTE: Profile Tasks have a set of common attributes. If someone needs to manually start the tasks, click on the Default Assignment drop-down list and select the employee assigned to the task:
- Select Wait for (use the drop-down to select the task) or Automatic
- Automatic- Whether the item should trigger with or without human interaction, or specifically- is the task can be initiated automatically when the hire button is pushed.
- Wait for Previous Task-prevents the task from automatically being executed or for appearing to be manually initiated, specifically- any tasks that the new task needs to wait for before being initiated.
- Sort Order- the order in which tasks should be executed
Editing an Existing Task Profile
- Navigate to: Task Management/Task Profiles/Task Profiles
- Once in Task Profile Management, select the profile you wish to edit by selecting the magnifying glass to the left of the profile name. This displays the details tab below, select Edit to edit the profile.
- This screen will open to allow any changes to be made and saved ** Note: Once a Task Type is associated with an Applicant, Employee, or Both it cannot be edited.***
Editing a Profile Task
- Click the pencil icon next to the Profile Task Name
- This will open an editable window where you can make the changes needed to the task.